Does anybody read these?

Sunday, September 04, 2005

The very first post

Well, this is my blog. I'm not sure what I am doing or why I've decided to do it. We'll see how this works out. I figure "Hey, it's free!" So, if I don't like it, I'll move on to something else. I think everyone needs their own little home in cyberspace, and maybe someone cares what I have to say. I also hear that keeping a journal is therapeutic. And who couldn't use a little therapy? After all, I AM out of chocolate...

I'll try to keep up on this although I am dreadful at stuff like this. I could never keep up with a written diary. My friend Kay yells at me all the time for not having a journal. I just haven't ever seen the point. I do in spurts, but then I get frustrated because I haven't said anything for months on end. Perhaps with having it here, y'all will yell at me if I don't keep up with it. If anyone even cares enough to read. Do people read other people's blogs? I don't even know. I guess I have some that I read (I'll post links as soon as I figure out how...) so maybe they do.
I figure my first task in the blog world is telling people a little about me. I will come up with some stuff. I guess the biggest thing is that I am writer by nature and I don't get to write nearly enough. Perhaps this experiment will stop the brain atrophy. I am pretty damn impressed that I went all this time with no swear words (oops!) but I can get a little excitable. I'll try to be good. Honest.

I am really sad about this hurricane situation. The first group of refugees to get to Ohio are arriving tonight and I am going to try to coordinate some collection efforts for supplies. It's the least I can do. We buried a family friend today. People all over the south are dying because of the hurricane. Another friend died very unexpectedly at 35 a few weeks ago. So all things considered, my life's not too bad. I have one, I have a house to live in. I have a new puppy because someone abandoned their cute little dog here (unless he's just lost and they claim him, but that rarely happens). I call him Sparky. He's one of those mutts who's so ugly he's cute. We're quickly becoming good pals. The new Gretchen Wilson CD is coming out in a couple of weeks. I got in a little jog today (Sparky went with and didn't have water, so we came back earlier than usual). Life is good.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home