Does anybody read these?

Sunday, September 04, 2005

What we learn at Church and other good things

First of all, I'm going to try to do this everyday. I have LOTS of favorite songs, and y'all should be listening. So...

...Song of the Day: "Come a Little Closer" by Dierks Bentley. I heard this song again today (Have got to go get the CD!) and I can't decide which is sexier, it or Billy Currington's new song "Must Be Doin' Somethin' Right." Regardless, I need to add this to the list of "songs I'd like to make babies to." It's a great song. And from everything I hear, Dierks' new CD is well worth $15 or so. It's on my list of stuff to buy, along with Faith Hill, JoDee Messina and Brad Paisley's new CDs.

So, now that I've talked about baby-makin' music, on to what I learned at Church today. Ever have one of those days when you feel like the priest (preacher, rabbi, shaman, minister, etc.) seems to be talking just to you? Well, someone told me a long time ago that it's because if you really pray that God speaks to you, he will during the service. Today was one of those days for me. The Gospel reading was from Matthew 18:15-20. Anyhow, this was just what I needed today. Actually I probably needed it a few days ago because I didn't follow the advice Jesus gave here and caused a big mess by confronting a few of my friends. Of course, by confronting them I found out the root of the problem and that I really needed to get things in order with one person. Some things were said, and I learned who my true friends were. Even though this group of women that I loved like my own sisters ended up disappointing me, I found out exactly who was there for me. One friend offered to fly me thousands of miles for a getaway weekend. (An offer that was way too generous for me to accept.) Another friend took time out from her awesome stress-free vacation to listen to me cry. It was a real learning experience. But I have a wonderful support team behind me who loves me no matter what, and that is true friendship. As for the other, there is no point in arguing or harboring ill will. What's done is done and cannot be taken back. All I can do is forgive and move on, having learned a very valuable lesson. I have always loved my friends and accepted them unconditionally, and it makes me very sad that not everyone operates that way. For months, I've lit one candle at Church for all my friends and despite everything, the prayer that was sent to God today didn't change. He knows what is in everyone's hearts.

I'm off to do a 5K today. I am not even sure what it's for but I'm doing it with all my cousins. I am pretty sure it's for a scholarship fund in our little town. I just needed to walk 3.1 miles today. I am going to start training for either the Knoxville 1/2 Marathon in March or the Music City 1/2 Marathon in Nashville in April. It'll depend on my schedule. Spring is a very long ways away.

It's the second full day that Sparky's been here. I guess my aunt saw someone drop him off, so I'm guessing we're stuck with him. That's OK. He needs a home, and we've got plenty of room here. My dad's dog hates him, but she'll get used to it. I'll try to get out with the digital and post some pictures later.

This blogging thing is kind of fun. I'll see what other wisdom I can pull out of my hat later on. I've got to go get ready for my race!





0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home