Does anybody read these?

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sparky and the 5K

First a random thought: Ever since my friend told me that "Redneck Yacht Club" by Craig Morgan reminded her of her tropical vacay, I get a little smile every time I hear it. I hope they're having fun and Maria and whatever hurricanes might be behind her hold off until they are home safely.

Now, Sparky. This little mutt is the most exciting thing to happen to me in ages. BUT he followed my car today and they weren't sure he was smart enough to get back home. We'll have to work on that. But I promised a picture and here it is.

The 5K was fun. I need to get back in shape. My time wasn't great, but it's been a while since I'd done one and I'd hardly say I've been training. I will get back there. Just need to keep at it. I am sure I'll be ready for the Music City Marathon in April. Of course, it looks like I will be living in NashVegas by then, so I may want to go somewhere else just to shake it up a little. But definitely in the Spring I'll be doing 13.1 miles in some race. And no more getting out of shape. That sucks. Avoided ALL fair food after the race. That was a major accomplishment!

I decided today that my tan Cruzan Rum t-shirt might be my most comfortable piece of clothing. It's great for working out, but I've worn it out in public before too. It's just a nice shirt. Especially for free...

I'm all blogged out for today. I have to admit this is very therapeutic, but I'm beginning to think my friends got me into it so i didn't bore them with all the little details of my life no one cares about!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home