Does anybody read these?

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Note to self: do not go hunting with Dick Cheney

I've resisted the urge to be overly political lately, because I've been thinking about all kinds of other things. But I'll admit I've followed this Dick Cheney hunting debacle just a little. I don't know what the truth is behind the whole story, but I do figure that we'll never hear it. Karl Rove won't let that happen. I also know that if you or I did the exact same thing, most likely there would be serious legal consequences. It's really not fair.

I just think that it's absolutely hilarious that the Republicans bitched and moaned for eight years about how the Clintons acted as if they were above the law, and it was bullshit. Nothing Bill and Hillary did has compared with the cover-ups and missteps of this administration. And it didn't start with the presidency, either. I have heard some stories out of Texas about GWB that would make your toes curl.

I know the Dixie Chicks (who have a new CD coming out soon, yippee!!!) got tons of shit over saying this, but I agree with them 110%. They said they were embarrassed to be from Texas, because George Bush was. (Although he's not really from there; he just lives there because they have no income tax. Kind of like his brother in Florida.) But frankly, George Bush, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Condi, Rummy and the rest of the bunch make me ashamed to be American. This country doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings. This country has gone downhill fast. My only hope is that Bush, Cheney, et al keep running it into the ground so that the Democrats win the House this year and the White House in 2008.

A girl can dream, can't she?!?

Anyhow, if you'd like to read the "timeline for disaster" about Cheney's hunting accident, here's a very detailed article from the AP.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home