Does anybody read these?

Friday, July 06, 2007

So, about those fireworks...

People keep asking me about my last post, so I figured I'd elaborate a little bit.

I was just waiting for a phone call anyhow.

You see, I met a boy Tuesday. A cute one. Who seems to like me. Maybe even more than I like him, which I'm pretty sure has never happened in the history of Laura liking boys.

But I didn't want to tell you until he called me, because I was worried that he wouldn't.

He did, but now that means I have to obsess over when he calls me again. Or if...

See, this is why I don't date.

I had written this big, long play-by-play for my blog, and then I realized that maybe I don't want to be that public about my life. I guess I just see potential here, and if there really is potential, I don't know that I want the entire blogosphere to have a play-by-play of those first early moments when were getting to know each other.

Here's the highlight reel:

He's adorable. He's sweet. He seems to like me an awful lot. I met him Tuesday night when I accidentally waved at him at the bar, thinking he was someone else. He came over to introduce himself, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I figured after I left Tuesday night that I'd never see him again. First of all, he was just in town for a few days, and secondly I figured it was just one of those one-time deals where you drink a little too much and get a little too cozy with a stranger.

But he came back Wednesday and we watched the fireworks together. If a guy wants to impress me and make a date really romantic, fireworks are a sure bet.

To sum it all up, I'm really hoping this is the beginning of something great. However, I'm still cautiously optimistic. There's a distance issue, and really how well do you know someone after spending two days with them. When we parted ways Wednesday night, I likened it to when you meet a really cool person on spring break, and you wonder if you'll ever see them again when you leave.

I don't know, but there are no guarantees in life. It's been a long time since someone looked at me like they cared about me. It's been a long time since someone sent electricity running through my body just by holding my hand. And you know what? I've kind of missed it.

So right now, I have all my fingers and toes crossed that I won't be going back to my posts about how I'm a bitter, hostile spinster anytime soon...

3 comment(s):

EEEEEEeeeeeee! Can you hear me squealing in joy from up here lol. How exciting!!! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/06/2007 12:43 PM  

OK, yeah, you're way too excited.

Cautiously optimistic, remember?

By Blogger Laura, at 7/06/2007 1:14 PM  

Hey I can't help it. Ok ok....I'll tone it down to a grin...is that better :) ?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/06/2007 7:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home