Does anybody read these?

Monday, September 05, 2005

Horoscopes and other things...

First of all, this was the horoscope that greeted me in my inbox this morning (Thanks, Tarot.com!):

You are in a playful mood now that the Moon has entered your 5th House of Fun and Games. Others are lucky to be around you when you are like this, but there's a part of you that cannot let go of a nagging problem. Keep in mind that you may be seeking a solution to something that is beyond your control.

I thought all things considered that was a little creepy. I know that I have to let things go, but sometimes that is easier said than done. And I've never had to deal with anything like this before. I'm not the world's most religious person, but I do believe and try to go to Church every Sunday. All I can do about that situation is pray. Because God knows that I alone cannot turn anyone's hearts. If I could, it would've happened already. So, it's time to Let Go and Let God, I guess. I just have to trust Him; which is one of the hardest things I struggle with. I have my control freak tendencies.

Today's song of the day is an oldie, but a goodie. Most likely just because I miss someone. Ever since I saw him in Washington, D.C., in June, I have been loving Uncle Kracker. He has a great voice and is an awesome songwriter. It doesn't hurt that he's from The Big D. In many ways, that place will always be home. Anyhow, this song reminds me of this guy I like. It seems like he's as confused as to why I might like him as I am to why he might like me. But everyone seems to think we'd be a good couple, so that's a good thing. Anyhow, I think this guy's pretty great. And the first time I heard this song, I thought of it as our kind of "theme song," even though I haven't told him that yet. I've been waiting to see if I need to use it.

Anyhow, today's song of the day comes from Uncle Kracker's No Stranger to Shame CD. If you don't have it, you need to get it. The song that reminds me of my little guy is "I Do." I'm going to put the lyrics here so you can check it out. (Not sure on the legalities of that, but my best hope is that Matt would forgive me. I think he'd agree that it's for a good cause.)

You spend your lonely days lookin' for someone
I just wanna be the one that makes your river run
I know it ain't so fun bein all alone
And I know you wonder when you'll find yourself a home
You ain't foolin' no one baby
See you don't believe in you

But i do
Yeah i do
Oh i do
Yeah i do

If you want some company
I don't mind a ride
I don't want your money baby
And I don't want your pride
You might think I'm crazy
You just might be shy
I think this is good for us
But I could just be high
We can make this happen baby
I believe that's true

Yeah i do
Yes i do
Oh i do
Yes i do

You keep on lookin' baby
I hope it's all too sweet
I hope its fairy tales
And everything you dream
But just remember that we ain't all this kind
When you get tired of lookin' baby
I ain't hard to find

Your wastin' all your time out there
Cuz they don't care about you
But i do
Yeah i do
Oh i do
Yeah i do
Oh i do
Yeah i do

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home