Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

So, the computer ate my post...

I had a big long post and my computer ate it. I am starting to get pissed off at my laptop. Urrgggh. I'm not even going to try to replicate it at all. It was really good, and now it's gone.

I told my parents about getting laid off, and it wasn't terrible. They know my work isn't doing well and they know it wasn't my fault. That was a big relief. I have really been worried about it. I am glad that's done and I'm glad I didn't get a big lecture about how much I suck. I went in to the office for a little bit to wrap up a project, and I got home right around lunch. At first my mom worried that I got fired but when I told her what happened, she understood. And the first thing she asked me was if I am still going to Nashville. Of course I am.

But I won't be taking the job where I had the great interview last week. I didn't think it was where I needed to be, so I'm not devastated. I found several great leads today, and I am still very excited about the move. And the best part? The woman who interviewed me asked me to call her when I got to town and said she still wanted to work with me. It sounded like it was a timing thing. I can't wait until I'm down there full-time, because I think it'll be a lot easier to find a job.

In my original post, I talked about making margaritas out of the limes life tosses at you, but then I realized these aren't limes. Let's review for a sec.

1. God let me go from my job so I could look for a new job that met my career goals. I am not upset about it. He has closed one door and opened a HUGE picture window for me!!!
2. I didn't get this job, but I was lukewarm toward it. I was not 100% sure I was supposed to be there, and I was right. So, I don't need to agonize over deciding if it was the right fit. God said no, it wasn't. And secondly, I am still on my timetable to get down there instead of rushing to get there to fit into their time schedule.

Toma says the best prayer is one where you Thank God rather than asking him for favors. Thank you, Lord for all you do for me. I see your greatness in my life on a daily basis and I am so fortunate to be one of your children.

Speaking of children, I heard something slightly disturbing on the radio today. They have the county prosecutor's report on each week and he tells how he is fighting crime in our community. Today they told of a man who was prosecuted who owed 6 years of child support. And this man owed $14000. I think that man needs to grow a pair and take responsibility for his kids. That's not much more than two grand a year. Now tell me, could he actually raise his kid for $2000 a year? Nope, I don't think so. Well, I hope he sits in jail for quite a while until he comes up with the money. I imagine kinda like the life his kids probably have while he's hosing them. Men who don't pay child support are absolute pondscum. I cannot think of anything worse than stealing from your kids. They're just little. It's not like they can go get a job to pay for their own clothes and school books. Asshole.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home