Does anybody read these?

Monday, July 09, 2007

I feel bad saying this...

I don't like the pope.

Not one little bit. I'd like to think that doesn't make me a bad Catholic, but I'm not sure.

Every thing he comes up with is worse than the thing before.

Now he's encouraging the traditionalist whack-jobs to bully their priests into saying Latin mass.

Not to be an asshole, but I think that Vatican II was a very good thing for the church. Latin mass is divisive and I don't really know how anyone gets anything out of it, being that they can't understand it and all. I do badly enough when I have to go to Spanish mass and I hold my own with that language.

If my mass suddenly switches to Latin, I'm not sure what I'd do. I know I wouldn't go nearly as much. (Not like I ever get there now. I'm actually looking forward to Christmastime when I can work 3 to 10 on Sundays...)

I just feel like we're going backwards, and I'm fearful for my church.

1 comment(s):

I agree!! At a time when the Church needs to be "alive" to keep young people interested, "they" are chosing to segregate the average from the pious. No wonder the non-denominational churches are packed.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/09/2007 8:48 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home