Does anybody read these?

Sunday, September 28, 2008

My favorite girl

I was feeling really old today in Toyland. The kids just keep getting newer and newer and my Holly Hobby and Miss Piggy loving ways grow less appreciated. Toyland does keep me young, but makes me feel hopelessly outdated all at the same time.

So, I came home from work and was researching day sails for vacation online and watching House reruns when I got a text: NKOTB is on VH1 and I am dvr-ing it.

I flipped it right over, of course. And, it's not just a special. It is the special of all specials.

NKOTB. Live. Opening night of World Tour. Boston Garden. Haven't played together in 15 years.

And these boys haven't missed a beat. They look just like they did 20 years ago. Only hotter. (I know. I didn't think it was possible either.)

I am not going to lie. I just squealed when Jordan whipped out the falsetto in "My Favorite Girl," which, by the way, is one of my favorite NKOTB songs.

I feel like a teenager again. Fuck High School Musical. This is "The Right Stuff." (Last time I was at a New Kids concert, I didn't know the word "fuck." Such progress, so little time.)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home