Does anybody read these?

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Times, they are a changin'

First of all, I realized this morning that I have been at this blogging thing for more than five years. In honor of that, I wanted to thank those of you who have managed to stick with me that long. I appreciate it in more ways than you realize.

I also wanted to let you know, to quote one of my all-time favorite songs: Baby, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

There are lots of changes coming here. Nothing that will affect the content of this blog, unless it improves it. Mostly, I am just embarking on a few projects to focus on my writing outside of reporting on the new therapy room at the local nursing home. Don't get me wrong, the work I do is rewarding and I love to have a full-time job working in media, but there are so many other things that I want to work on.

This blog will pretty much remain the same. It is going to get a facelift, but the content will be similar. However, there will be more of it, because I am signing on to the next National Blog Posting Month. That means that in December, I will be pledging to post every single day. I'm also going to try to follow more blogs, and I hope to get more followers here. Feel free to recommend your favorite blogs in the comments, and feel free to recommend me to your friends.

While I don't anticipate too much cooking in December (It is Christmas in Toyland, after all), I am going to work on photography and improving the cooking blog. That will probably be in 2011, but keep checking in on the blog anyhow. I think I am going to stuff some squash this Saturday.

The music blog hasn't ever been what I wanted from it, and I need to figure out if I scrap it or reinvigorate it. I'll have that figured out before I go see Garth Brooks in December, I'm sure.

There is a new blog coming up, and I think it has the potential to be huge if I can get the word out. I guess that will be the grand experiment in social media. Stay tuned for details.

Speaking of social media, I have joined The Twitter. I know, I know. I didn't want to do it, but professionally, it makes sense. If you're on there, feel free to follow me @richardslj. It'll be the same wit you've come to appreciate -- only in 140 characters or less.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home