Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fleeting...just like life

This will be a short post. Today a mutual friend told me that Tim Hensley had passed. I didn't know Tim very well. I had only met him once or twice, but he was always a very kind person. I remember him as being soft-spoken. And he was young, way too young to be gone.

While I hadn't seen Tim, or most anyone from the KennyLand days, in several years, I reflected on those days today. I kind of sort of miss that big, giant ball of crazy. And, while there are many things that I'd much rather forget, there's a lot of good that came from it too.

Some of my best friends in the whole world I met out there on that wild trail. People whom I can turn to when something goes wrong and they are always there for me. Good -- no, great -- people.

And, while there are many things I would change if I had a wayback machine, for the most part that crazy -- and, let's be honest, a little bit stupid -- time in my life somehow played a part in who I am today. I wouldn't say that experience is why I'm in Nashville, but I did have a friend here that helped me make it through when I didn't know many people in this town. And, country music tends to draw people here, so I've never been particularly lonely.

Things change. People grow. Acquaintances and friends come in and out of your life. All of that is part of the fabric of who you are.

Life is short. Hug your loved ones and kiss your babies. Be true to who you are, even if that person's a little nuts.

Song of the day: "Young" by Kenny Chesney

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home