Does anybody read these?

Monday, September 05, 2005

Malibu, babies and chocolate cheesecake...

After spending my whole summer at way too many Kenny Chesney concerts, I became quite the afficionado of Cruzan Rum. I am not sure if there is anything better than coconut rum and diet pop, generally Coke Zero or Diet Coke with Splenda at home these days. So, today my cousin Leslie and I popped into a local watering hole and had a few drinks. Of course, I don't think anyone except Chesney fans and people who live in the Virgin Islands drink Cruzan, so I had Malibu and diet pepsi. Never been a huge Malibu fan, but today it tasted pretty good. I love all the different flavors of Cruzan. The raspberry is pretty damn good. It makes a great daiquiri. Oh, and some guy named Rip hit on me. I think Rip was a little too old for me and way too drunk for me.

When we got back to Leslie's house, my cousin Charlie was there with her baby. He is such a cute little pudgy thing. I tried to get her to give him to me (saves me several steps), but she seems to be attached. She did, however, mention she can never afford a babysitter so I told her to let me know when she needed someone because I would watch him for free. Such a precious little thing. I need to go to Dairy Queen after a little league game to diffuse the urges to have children.

There was this awesome chocolate cheesecake with raspberry topping at our cookout today. Now, I am beginning to think that chocolate cheesecake could be the solution to all the world's problems. Just sit our world leaders down with a chocolate cheesecake and give them forks and see what they come up with.

Speaking of world leaders, at some point I'm probably going to feel the urge to comment on the busy week our president has had. I am really not surprised at all to our government's response to Hurricane Katrina for many reasons. I am still mulling over this Supreme Court thing. Perhaps with the death of Chief Justice Rehnquist and the elevation of Roberts to be nominated to that role, we can get another woman on the Court. I just wonder if Roberts will have a tougher confirmation hearing this way. They were already comparing him to Bork when he was just up to become an associate justice. I haven't really been following it. I know I should, but I haven't. Did you know Ken Starr was almost nominated about 15 years ago?

Tomorrow is back to work after a long weekend. It feels very much like Sunday, and obviously I didn't get to bed early tonight. At least it'll be a short week. I need to just lock myself in my office and work really hard tomorrow. Cross your fingers that it'll be quiet. I like my new office, but it gets very difficult having no walls. Of course, now my boss keeps mentioning moving me back where I was. Thank goodness I still haven't unpacked, right?

One parting thought: Exactly how much does it cost to make a cell call from Tortola? I don't want to think about the bill, but it's nice when people check in.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home