Does anybody read these?

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Greetings from Port Columbus

Well, boys and girls, the big road trip in the sky has officially begun. I am currently at Port Columbus International Airport anxiously awaiting my flight to beautiful Lost Wages, Nevada. Fun times. This could quite possibly be the last time that you hear from me before I return home on Sunday. I have so much to do out West that I doubt I'll be spending time in front of the computer. There is lots of fun in the sun to be had, and many postcards to be sent. And I might even have to add a few extra to my list, right Rosalie?!? That's OK. I hear you can get postcards at Walgreens. I'll be sure to give all of you an update the minute I get home. Or in one of the many airports I'm visiting this weekend. Or in the car on the way home. If there's anything to tell, rest assured you will hear about it!

The beauty of a blog is that if you have a laptop and a wireless connection, you can report on things real-time. So, I'm taking a few seconds before my trip to tell you all about a little thing the Transportation Security Administration likes to call "Additional Screening." It sucks. I travel a lot for both work and leisure and I've traveled quite a bit since Sept. 11th and I've never been subjected to this before. Did I mention that it sucks? If I'd had a blog in July I'd have written about my run-in with the TSA screener over my laptop on my way to Chicago, and it didn't even compare with this. I can safely say it was the most mortifying and humiliating thing that's ever happened to me. Nothing like being patted down in front of all the other passengers while some guy is rifling through your undies. And the reason I got the screening? I'm flying out on America West and flying home on Delta, so it triggers as a one-way ticket. I guess that makes sense. Why would a terrorist need a round-trip fare? Thank god there's nothing more dangerous than chocolate chip cookies and a flat iron for my hair in my suitcase. And thank goodness they got it all back in there; I hate to check my luggage and I pack it all in!!!!

Well, the airport's electric outlets don't seem to work and I do have to do some actual work (for work lol) on the plane, so I've got to conserve my battery. I will try to check in if I get bored, but frankly I'm not forseeing any boredom in my future.

So, have fun and be good while I'm off working on my tan this weekend!!! Big Hugs.