Does anybody read these?

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Laptop Update...

...so after 1 1/2 hours on the phone with my new Indian best friend whose name I can't spell, the laptop is on its way to being fixed, and my data is on its way to being safely backed up. I have no idea what we did or what the hell is wrong with that damn computer but we've learned a very important lesson about backing up our data and that Microsoft lies. (Apparently the restore tool, which promises NOT to erase your my documents in reality does precisely that.) See why I have always been an Apple girl? Too bad they're so damn expensive...

Muchas muchas gracias to the lovely Miss Cindy who offered to bail me out on the resume situation. While we didn't find the objective that we'd volleyed back and forth months ago, she found a copy of my resume with an EVEN MORE kick-ass objective written on it. So, when I get a new job, first round's on me, OK?

So, I am off to save all of my files from the laptop onto the big fancy schmancy desktop that mom uses and then I am going to restore Windows. I should be back up and running very soon. And the evil devil that is Internet Explorer will have to go. I just became a full-time Firefox girl. Yeah, I don't like it that well, but I managed when I had to switch from Netscape to IE when Microsoft took over the world a few years ago. I just can't deal with viruses and spyware, and IE seems to attract a lot more than Firefox. Of course, any of my geek friends can correct me, if necessary. I'm just making it up as I go along...

1 comment(s):

I've been meaning to get a USB external hard drive, honest. I heard a rumor that someone was making them as a way to supplement her income while she was unemployed. If that's true, drop me an email at ljrichards76 at yahoo dot com

By Blogger Laura, at 12/04/2005 6:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home