Does anybody read these?

Monday, December 19, 2005

Odds and Ends...

Ohio current temp: 19 degrees.
St. Thomas current temp: 77 degrees.

I got an email from my former boss and professional mentor who did some PR work in Nashville a few years ago. He put me in touch with a former colleague of his who founded one of the top PR agencies in the Southeast. That firm currently has my resume sitting on the desk of the director of operations. Fingers crossed that I at least get an interview.

Also in PR news, I think I told you that Eric is trying to break into Nashville and has a Nashville Star audition next month to see if he's going to make it on to the show. I talked to him today, and I'm going to be helping him too. He's hired a new manager to start shopping for a label, and I think he and I could really get the buzz going for both of us. It seems like I am already laying the groundwork. Fingers crossed that he'll make it to the TV show. He's very talented.

I'm crossing my fingers a lot lately, but I think everything's going to work out. I think some folks are a little disturbed that I have so much optimism, but it's going to all work out exactly how it's supposed to. I am doing my part.

What's in my CD player: Blue County's self-titled CD. It was a Christmas present and I opened it early. And I can't stop listening. It's great. Every song is good, and I am pretty sure the guys wrote quite a few of them. I saw these hotties live in concert in they are fantastic. They keep you up on your feet. And they are the nicest guys. I wasn't expecting to meet them, but I got to and they cracked me up. They really put their fans at ease and that is really nice.

I'm really resisting the urge to post the pic of me with them because I look awful, so here is a pic of them from the show...

1 comment(s):

Wow that sounds very promising Laura. You just gotta take chances and believe in yourself.

By Blogger rosalie, at 12/20/2005 8:47 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home