Does anybody read these?

Sunday, December 18, 2005

E-mailing the future?

I just read an article about a Web site called FutureMe. Remember back in school when you were given the assignment to write a letter to yourself and the teacher collected them all up and mailed them. Maybe you were sitting at home over summer vacation and there was a note from the past delivered to your mailbox. You read it and sometimes you got encouragement. Other times it was just a hoot. FutureMe does that online, delivering a message from you to you at a date sometime in the future. I'm thinking that maybe the 29 1/2-year-old me might write a note to the 30-year-old me. We'll see. I'm mulling it around. It's a cool idea, though. I don't think I'd plan too far into the future because I'm sure we'll have moved on to something new in a few years and it might not know where to find you.

2 comment(s):

I am excited to see if the futureme thing works. I sent myself an email for Valentine's Day next year. I reminded myself of how peaceful I am about the divorce. I am sure I will need that on Valentine's Day! LOL

By Blogger one4JC, at 12/18/2005 3:55 PM  

I'm sure all of us who love you and know you're doing the right thing will help too!!!!

By Blogger Laura, at 12/18/2005 8:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home