Does anybody read these?

Friday, February 24, 2006

See, I told you all I was boring!!!

OK, my last post is incredibly boring. I was talking to a friend tonight and I told her that I was so busy with my boring old life that everything seems to have taken a backseat. So, I'm doing boring things like taking my grandma to go grocery shopping, making dinner for my family, entertaining my way-too-young cousin and her new husband, talking to my crazy Aunt Rose on the phone and following Ohio politics and thinking, "Oh my God, I'm so glad to be moving."

I don't necessarily thinking being bored is a bad thing. I have pretty much exorcised the drama from my life and am focusing on all the great things ahead of me (and the mundane everyday stuff too). That's nice. I have this great inner peace now that I haven't before. I have one little story that keeps running through my head about all of that, but I may just hammer it out on the keyboard and file it away for safe-keeping. Maybe some people thrive on drama, but I've never been the type. In fact, I have little tolerance for drama queens.

I did get good news at the eye doctor yesterday. First of all, my vision has improved since my last visit. This is great news. As someone who was once told by an eye doctor (an optometrist, not an opthamalogist, so technically not qualified to make such a diagnosis) that I would someday be blind, having my prescription decrease is fantastic. Now, I'm not silly enough to think that I've curtailed my genetics or anything, but it's good to know that I don't have to worry about my eyes outgrowing my contact prescription for at least a little while longer. Secondly, my eye doctor doesn't want me wearing glasses at all. Contacts only. This is great news to me. I hate my glasses, but I found out why yesterday. The nimrods who made my last pair of glasses didn't put the right lenses in them, which is why I've never really been able to see with them.

I am just so glad that it wasn't a battle with my eye doctor over the contacts and glasses like it was the last time I went. This guy was really nice. And he has no problem with the Night & Day contacts. In fact, it's all he will put anyone with my prescription in. He says it's a safety issue if I can't see at night, which is true. He also gave me a free sample of these other contacts that are less expensive that he wants me to try. If they work, that'll save me at least $20 a month, so that's very good.

I decided to venture out on our road for my walk today. I hadn't planned to do that, but Sparky saw me putting my running shoes on through the glass storm door and got all excited. When he first came here, he walked with me everyday. Well, he wanted to go for a walk today, apparently. So I made my way around the giant rocks the road crew put down as long as I could. It wasn't a long walk, but we all know that Sparky doesn't do very well with the other animals we meet along the way. He was a good boy, though, staying where I could see him and not wandering off at all today. He is doing so well on the farm, and I consider myself blessed that he found me. I am just glad he is out of harm's way.

5 comment(s):

Never boring Laura; we have some plans to make still for next month.

By Blogger rosalie, at 2/24/2006 11:24 PM  

Don't you love them?!! Aren't they great? Which ones are you using? I'm in Night & Day right now, but my doctor wants me to try the O2 Optix to see which ones I like better.

By Blogger Laura, at 2/25/2006 11:50 AM  

I like my glasses because they make my nose look smaller...
No contacts for me.

By Blogger one4JC, at 2/25/2006 12:02 PM  

No I have not heard the convent story but now I curious...

By Blogger one4JC, at 2/25/2006 6:13 PM  

It's on its way now. Patience, grasshopper.

By Blogger Laura, at 2/25/2006 6:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home