Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

OK, so Shannon Brown rocks

The more I hear from Shannon Brown, the more I like her. My curiosity towards Miss Shannon was piqued when I saw her quoted in the People article about Kenny and Renee's split. I know, that's lame. But I'd never heard of her before, so I wanted to know who this person was who was talking about Kenny's doomed marriage. Turns out Shannon is married to Shaun Silva who directs all of Kenny's videos and tapes just about everything out on tour. (If Shannon happens to do a google blogsearch for herself and sees this, could you please tell Shaun "More Tambo in the next Road Case DVD." Thanks! Big hugs!)

So, anyhow, Shannon sang at Farm Aid (also a place for Tambo sightings, so of course I was on board) and I just fell in love with her. "Cornfed" is such a good song. Totally captures what smalltown life is like. And John Rich produced Shannon's CD. And between Shannon, Gretchen, Jason Aldean and the countless others John's working with these days, let me tell you: Whatever that man touches is an instant hit. Damn, he's probably one of the best things to come out of Nashville in a while. And I'm oddly attracted to him for some unknown reason. I've asked others. It's a phenonemon amongst us. However, he is partly responsible for Cowboy Troy and for that he must lose points.

Where was I? Oh yes, Shannon Brown's new CD. In stores in 6 days. I can't wait. Oh, and I promised Andrea that I'd give her new Shannon Brown web site a shameless plug. Plus I can't forget Shannon's official site.

I'm gonna figure out how to get this little doohickey into the template for my page, but here's a little graphic that Andrea made.

5 comment(s):

Hi LJ, it's Andrea. Thanks for the plug! Just letting you know that I added you to the members list at Small Town Girl, and I also added "Baby, I Lied" as one of the favorite song choices so that's now listed as your fave. Thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2006 11:19 AM  

Andrea rocks. What more can I say?!!?

Seriously, I know it's a cover, but have you heard it. I fell in love with Shannon on the spot when I heard it.

By Blogger Laura, at 2/22/2006 11:48 AM  

Her video plays on my myspace. I think...

It's got Nick. Wooo-freaking-hooo!!!!

By Blogger Laura, at 2/22/2006 1:46 PM  

LJ....John Rich is MINE!! Hands off!!! LOL! Remember all the pics I sent you! I am a fickle thing! Love you...and I can share if you can share!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2006 1:54 PM  

Now, now, Gretchen. Let's think way back to March 26, 2005. You'll remember that I'm pretty sure between the drooling and the stammering, I let you know that I don't share?!?

By Blogger Laura, at 2/24/2006 3:50 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home