Does anybody read these?

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sick Day Part Deux

I'm still quite ill today. I couldn't go to church today or to my religious ed class. Heck, I've barely made it to the bathroom. I tried to catch up on my book for the book club, but I don't even have the energy to read. I am feeling a teeny tiny bit better, so I'm really hoping that it's just a cold or respiratory infection and not pneumonia or bronchitis. I guess I will know when I get to the doctor tomorrow. I really hope that I start to feel better, because I don't really have 2-3 weeks to recuperate. Yikes.

It just shocks me that this hit me from nowhere. I did feel tired last week, but I didn't feel sick at all. On Friday night I was ready for bed very early. Yesterday, I just couldn't wake up. And when I did, I felt like hell. I guess that's why I'm hoping this is a cold or something else. Because when I had pneumonia last time, it was a long time coming. I'm trying to be positive, but it's hard when you can't breathe very well. Part of me wants to cough, but another part of me knows it hurts really bad to cough.

I'll spare you all the details. Needless to say, I'm tired, sick and grumpy. I should probably just spare you altogether until I'm feeling good again. However, I don't know how long I'm going to be ill. Frankly, I don't have much energy, so I doubt I'll be writing very much. I'm still a tad bit groggy. No telling what I'll think when I go back and read this in a few days.

While I'm on the mend, I've been watching "Sell this House" on A&E. I have no house to sell, nor am I in the market to buy, but I am a big fan of the show. I just love to see how folks can make a few little changes and increase the value of their homes. I just can't believe the real-estate market in some areas. For example, one of the houses today was $750,000. It was just a modest ranch house near Los Angeles. Honestly, I have no idea how my friends out there afford to live. I kept hearing about how expensive it was to live in Nashville, but I was surprised when I started looking to find that it's cheaper than it was in Detroit. I'm sure at some point in my life I will own a house, but right now I have no problems with renting. I know some people feel like they are wasting their money renting, but I think you do get a pretty good value for what you pay. All I really need is four walls and a roof. Home is whatever you make it.

1 comment(s):

Ummmm...no, and he can have my babies if he wants.

I am thinking about blogging about it, but I think my meds are starting to kick in...

By Blogger Laura, at 2/26/2006 10:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home