Does anybody read these?

Monday, May 29, 2006

OK, this is more like it....

I had an excellent time on Saturday. I wrote a big, long review for KennyLand, but unfortunately I can't find some way for y'all to see it without reposting the entire thing here. Hmmmmmm...I will mull that over.

Alexis and I had a very fun time. The MASSIVE amount of rum I consumed surely helped. I didn't drink to cope or anything; I just drank because there was rum and pineapple juice and ice, and it was yummy. No agenda there. And besides, everyone told me I was funny.

Well, except for this one girl who wanted to fight me. She didn't find me funny. But that's OK, I thought she dressed like a hooker and she was rude. She was standing on her chair and I couldn't see. I tried to ask politely SIX times, and she ignored me. So finally I tugged on her skirt (Yes, she was the kind of girl who wore a skirt to a concert.) I explained to her that she needed to get off her chair before I went and got someone who would get her off her chair. She got in my face and started screaming at me. Finally she backed down, but I really thought she might punch me. I asked Alexis why she didn't have my back, and she told me that it was because someone was watching the whole thing and she wanted him to rescue me.

But other than that, not much happened. There were people much more important than me who needed to be entertained by The Boy with Yellow Hair. I knew it would be busy with the first stadium show, not to mention that it was an awful travel weekend. I think I saw him for about 6 minutes outside of the show. I don't think he left my sight once the lights went down, but he was very busy working. Honestly, it was the best show ever, and it met every single expectation I had. I knew this was a bad weekend to go up there. But I got to see him and he looks good (even with yellow hair!) and I had a great time catching up with my friends.

I'm surprisingly OK with nothing happening. In fact, I've decided that it's probably best if nothing happens until September. He is so dedicated to his job, and that comes first all summer. I know this. It's not a shocker. In fact, it's a huge reason I was attracted to him in the first place. He'd do anything for his boss. They're very good friends in addition to being employer and employee. He's not the type to half-ass anything, so I can see why he doesn't want to dive into a relationship right now. And frankly, I'm not sure that once I get my hands on him that I want to share.

And maybe it doesn't happen. That's OK too. It's not like I'm sitting here waiting for him. If someone else came along, I'd entertain his offer. He knows how I feel and he knows where to find me. He's come looking several times now, and even though it doesn't seem like anything huge at this point, the potential is definitely there.

This might sound odd, but I had a little heart-to-heart with St. Anne, and I really think that this time I'm supposed to try to do things right. You see, I had a friend who went out with one of these guys once, and she thought they were serious and he thought she was a steady piece of ass while he was out on the road. That scares the shit out of me. I don't want that to happen to me. I know I don't look the part, but that's not even the issue. I just don't want to seem disposable. I have so many issues with waiting out by the busses. First of all fans are crazy. Every single one of them. It gave me the heebie jeebies standing over there. I just don't get the fascination with seeing Uncle Kracker waving at you as he goes to lunch. Oh. My. God. Did you not know that Matt Shafer eats?

And God forbid someone should realize that you know people that have laminates. This young kid saw me talking to my friend that drives for the tour. Now, bless his heart for coming to the show by himself, buying a ticket that morning and for dressing like a little cowboy himself. But he was hell-bent on getting his hat signed, and these days that's a tall order. It's almost impossible to get back stage, and security's generally pretty tight. So, unless you have great seats, you're not going to get anything signed.

I'm pretending that I'm clueless too, and I'm trying to convince him to stop asking me questions and try his hand at winning some sandbar passes from the local radio deejay.

Well, lo and behold who walks right in front of us, giving about 25 arena people in their little "security" polo shirts their final run-through. And Alexis, not realizing that I'm fighting off someone with a case of "laminate fever," mentions that he is now in our vicinity.

This is an actual transcript of that conversation:

Laura waves at TBWYH. Laminate Fever Boy notices.

Dammit!

Laminate Fever Boy: Who's that?
Laura: My friend.
LFB: Can he get me sandbar passes?
L: Ummmm, no. He's not important enough to get sandbar passes.
LFB (in a confused voice): Hmmm...well, OK, I'm gonna go now.
L: Yeah, so am I.

Anyhow, we went to the show. People looked hot. People looked at me. The Boss Man waved and smiled at me. We met up with some friends. We watched the best show ever. We went back to the hotel and stayed up half the night talking.

We woke up Sunday morning and ended up going out to lunch before heading home so I could go to about 800 redneck graduation parties, which are only slightly better than redneck weddings. At least none of the honorees had their own kids at those shindigs.

At least not this year.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home