Does anybody read these?

Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's nice to be loved!

So, I got an email last night. It's from a headhunter who said I came highly recommended for a job that she had. It'd be a fabulous job if it weren't in San Francisco. I know the cost of living there is through the roof and I don't know anyone there except my cousin (although I believe Toma lives 2 hours away). I've never given ANY thought to San Fran except that I repeatedly promise Bev that I'm coming to visit and have NEVER made it there. And besides, Nashville feels like home. And I paid a deposit and June's rent already.

So, this gives me hope that there are people out there who want to hire me. I have lots of job leads and plenty of resumes to send out today, so hopefully this gal who emailed me is not the only person who thinks I'm fabulous. I never heard back on the other interview I had in Nashville, but I didn't have a feeling about it either way, so I'm guessing they might've went with someone else. That's fine if they did. I KNOW the right position is out there just waiting for me.

Today I had to help my dad clean the church hall after last night's bingo. First of all, I want to say that it is easier to clean up after my 3-5 year olds in Sunday School than grown ladies who play bingo. It was disgusting. There was ink from those bingo markers, cigarette ashes and pizza grease all over everything. One chair even had sticky Pepsi residue all over the back of the seat. How EXACTLY does someone do that?

I'm not a particularly a big fan of cleaning up after myself, so I'm not sure why anyone thought I would be pleasant if I had to get up first thing in the morning and clean up after other people, who are apparently chain-smoking little piggies. Needless to say, I was not very good at this task. So then I had to hear from my father about how he was such a bad dad because he didn't teach us basic life skills and here I am hopeless and I don't know a variety of jobs and I'm never going to find work yadda yadda (that's where I tuned him out).

It's not that I don't know how to clean. I just hate it. I went to college so I didn't have to clean pepsi off other people's chairs.

Or wash ashtrays. That's disgusting. I know the current object of my affection is a smoker, but I hope he realizes that I clean no one's ashtrays. And if I have to do it, I am going to bitch. That's just how it has to be.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home