Does anybody read these?

Thursday, June 01, 2006

More updates!!!!

I know everyone loves updates, so here's where I am.

I am going to move on Sunday. My belongings? Not so much. I need a good air mattress for all the house guests who are in my planner anyhow, so I'll just sleep on it until my dad and my uncle can bring my furniture. I just need to get down there and find a job before I run out of money and/or unemployment. I have about a month's worth of both, so I'm a little in panic mode. I just need to be there and working.

I had a phone interview Tuesday with an HR person. She really liked me. She made it sound urgent that I get an interview right away with the person who'd be supervising me. She was not as big of a fan of little ole me, I don't think. Anyhow, she told me it'd be the end of June before she made any decisions. I'm not hopeful, but it's best not to put all my eggs in one basket anyhow.

I sent out several resumes yesterday and I did get a few nibbles, so I thought that was nice.
I even got an email from one company that pretty much said, "We like you but you're not the perfect fit for this job. We're looking for something that would be better for you." I thought that was very cool.

In the ultimate of irony (not really this happens a lot), remember the awful interview I had in January where the gal went all "Simon Cowell" on me and I said the f-word more than I've ever said it before? Well...the other person, the one who was so much better than me? Apparently not so much because they are gone. The job is already posted again. So I emailed the girl who liked me and asked if it was worth throwing my hat in the ring. We will see...

I don't feel terrible at my move. I am prepared to work 2, 3 jobs until I find the perfect fit. I will do what it takes to pay the bills. I wish that I hadn't run out of money first, but you'll have that sometimes, I guess. I'm trying to be positive. Much like other recent events, I've just been praying and trusting that The Big Guy Upstairs has my back!

Oh, and one last note. I wanted to apply for a certain job. It'd be a good job. It's a great organization that I have worked with for many years. I went to fill out the application last night, and I am worried that I'm not Christian enough for them. That's sad, but I'm still going to apply. The worst they can do is say "You're not Christian enough for us."

And they might. And when I go to make another donation, I'll donate somewhere that thinks I'm a good Christian. It kind of reminds me of the church in Nashville (unnamed to protect the not-so-innocent) that turned me off with their bazillion pages of begging for money on their web site. Thank goodness I found St. Anne's. But that's for another day of "the ultimate irony" files!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home