Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Maybe I'll just take my chances...

So, I took my new medicine the doctor gave me today. I now feel like there are creepy crawlies all over me. Apparently it's supposed to make me dizzy, but allegedly I'll get used to it.

However, I don't think I will. You see, I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life on this medicine.

And this is what I learned about it:

You can't be pregnant on it. Not that I am, but I'm only 30 years old and I haven't given up on the dream just yet. It's not like I have an arm growing out of my forehead or anything. Although sounds like with these meds, my kids could.

Oh, and what are two of my favorite things to do? Drink and go tanning.

Yet I'm on a drug where I'm supposed to seriously limit my alcohol intake and avoid tanning beds.

For the rest of my life? Are you fucking kidding me?

This just isn't going to work out. I can't do this every day forever. Not going to happen. And I love how it has a big old list of really shitty side effects and then it says: Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects.

I still don't think I'm sick. I felt fine until I took this medicine that's supposed to help.

I just feel like maybe I should take my chances. I know that's bad, but I just don't think I can do this for the rest of my life. Yeah, tanning and drinking are bad for me. But I really haven't gotten past the "Don't get pregnant or breast-feed a baby while on this medicine." I'm not 70 years old, I'm 30.

Oh, and my road-trip buddies: This little orange pill is supposed to make me go pee even more than I already do. Sorry!

I just hate all of this. I needed one more thing to make me feel like an old lady.

I need to just go to sleep so my skin doesn't feel like it's crawling.

1 comment(s):

Obvisously I don't know anything about the pill you are taking, but let me tell you a story about mine . . .

I was put on medication about 8 years that I had no idea I needed. They made me feel like crap and I hated being "tied" to a daily medication that would need to be taken forever. I also had the warning about pregnancy. When I found out I was pregnant, which was a shock since we had been trying to no avail for about 3 years, I immediately went off the medication and I realized just how much I needed it and the changes it had made in my life.

I went to my first doctor's appointment at the OB and my blood pressure was sky-high, which has NEVER happened before. I told him why I was having a hard time and he said that pretty much all medications expecially long term ones cary that warning because hey wasnt you to discuss it with your doctor when you get pregnant. Obviously some are bad, but mine wasn't. He told me that it was more detrimental for me to go off my medication than to stay on it even though the effects were somewhat unfounded since ithe medication was only about 10 years or so old. They watched me closely and everything turned out okay. I even breastfed while taking the medication. My advice to you, wanted or not . . . Don't fret just yet. Give it some time and I'll being keeping you in my prayers.

By Blogger Sheri, at 2/22/2007 8:55 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home