Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sick days, Meg and whatever else ends up here...

I went home sick again today. I felt like hell and didn't have a whole day in me. I also called in at the Land of Misfit Toys. Then I came home and went to bed. Ryan e-mailed me to see what I was up to and I told him that I wasn't sure but I might have pneumonia. Needless to say, he no longer wanted to hang out after that.

I have no sick time, so I have to just suck it up and go back to work. On the plus side, it's February, so I'm hopeful that the really bad ailments are running their course.

I'm going to try to get to Nashville Star tomorrow, but I feel so shitty. I'm thinking if we have to wait in line that I might not make it. It's so much fun, and I worry that one of my other favorites might get voted off this week. (Maybe Zac? Eeek.) But it's on TV and I really should try to get some rest. I'd like to get back to the Land of Misfit Toys for my shift on Friday. I just want to be well again. I hate being sick.

Speaking of Nashville Star, I wanted to share with you the video of my friend Meg singing "Wrong Side of Memphis." Y'all didn't see it because she got voted off, but I was so excited about it that I had to share the video clip.

Go here to see it.

I was going to go to sleep, but Crossroads is on, and I do believe I am witnessing Kid Rock and Bocephus singing "Cowboy" together. I imagine that if I make it to heaven, this will be the musical entertainment.

OK, maybe only in my heaven.

(Speaking of getting into heaven, I really haven't wrapped my head around finding out that I completely misread someone as much as I realized earlier this week. When people read that post they asked me if I was sure because that just didn't seem like something he'd do. I don't want to dissect it. I have my theories on it all, but it's not my place. Unfortunately, if any of my other friends thought that was a good idea, I'd totally call them out. I can't do that with him, all things considered. That frustrates me, because the whole mess is a recipe for disaster and I care about him. He's not a bad person. Everyone's just a little mystified by their "first" real boyfriend or girlfriend (or as mine called it "your first piece of ass." He was classy; why'd I let him get away?) I'm sure if we thought about it, we all have that person we'd take back in a heartbeat. I guess if you really want a person in your life, you're less picky about that and don't notice things like their marital status...)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home