Does anybody read these?

Friday, June 12, 2009

Coincidence?

I just read an article that the reindeer and caribou populations are plunging. This article, which is at livescience.com, blames global warming and industrial development.

That's interesting, because my Republican friends told me that global warming was something that crazy, old Al Gore made up in his brain when he was inventing the Internets.

So, surely it can't be real, right? And it can't be damaging the habitats of animals living in northern climates.

And, of course, this decline in these woodland creatures could have nothing to do with the fact that Sarah Palin not only has a helicopter, but also promotes killing woodland creatures from helicopters.

I'm not pointing my finger, I'm just saying when we have a VP candidate who thinks it's humane and necessary to hunt wildlife from a helicopter, we're bound to have some unpleasant population issues and a blatant disregard for animal rights.

Of course, with the Republicans, it's often more than just animal's rights we need to worry about.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home