Does anybody read these?

Monday, April 27, 2009

Cars

Everyone who knows me knows that being from Detroit, I love cars.

Some of you might even know that my dream car is the 1968 Pontiac GTO convertible, preferably yellow with a black top.

Not that I'll ever have one, but that's why it's called a "dream" car.

Being that I love GTOs, it makes perfect sense that I love the song "Little GTO."

But you know what I don't love?

Idiots who think that song was sung by the Beach Boys. It wasn't. It was sung by Ronny and the Daytonas. The Beach Boys who are still around did cover the song for a NASCAR tribute album a few years ago, but they didn't sing it in the 1960s.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp. What made me think about it was an article today about GM giving the Pontiac brand its death sentence today in which they referenced Pontiac's iconic performance cars, and of course that they even inspired a Beach Boys song.

Seriously, does no one at the AP have Google? How can you write a story about cars without knowing your car trivia?

OK, I have to stop bitching and start working, but this is a sad day for me. Not that I wanted the 2004 GTO when I saw it, but my first new car WAS a Pontiac. I even looked at a Vibe before I bought my HHR, but it was smaller.

Let me tell you, the HHR is going to be really nice when we drive to Florida next month. Especially now that Paul is fixing my Toys R Us schedule and I might actually have gas money. (And the HHR might not get repo'd.)

Still very sad about the death of Pontiac, especially for Trans Am lovers. (But have y'all seen the new Camaro?! It's actually pretty cool.)

Song of the day: "Shuttin' Detroit Down" by John Rich.

P.S. Sent my dealer survey in to GM today. I hate to talk ill of the dead, but I actually wrote, "I love General Motors and I really enjoy my vehicle. It's not your fault the dealership really sucks."

Oh, and also, speaking of John Rich, did y'all see that Kris Kristofferson is in that video? I just love him. I'd rather that the song had not been made, because I hate what's happening in the auto industry, but the video is good. Really, maybe just one person will see it and not buy a Honda.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home