Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Taking the plunge

So, I'm going to Weight Watchers today. They are having a special -- 10 weeks for $99 -- so I figure for $9.90 a week, I can try it out and see what happens.

I'm not sure about all the points and that shit, but I know this: I need to get back into a routine of weekly accountability and working toward being healthier. I would rather go to TOPS because it's cheaper and I do well with it, but the WW office is across the street from work, so I have access to more than one meeting a week.

I can tell already that we are going to have a throw-down about my goal weight, but I'm not going to worry about that right now. I can tell that, because it's physically impossible for me to get to my goal weight. Why? Because I'm a big girl with an athletic frame. That won't change even if the frame is not covered in fat. The high weight for my height on the infamous height-weight chart is 128. When I had my body fat tested a while ago, my skin, bones and muscles weighed 131. Needless to say, 128 is never going to happen for me. As much as I bitch about my period, I'd much rather have it than look like Leann Rimes.

This blog won't be about losing weight. It's still about whatever I want it to be about. And nine times out of 10, cupcake recipes are more exciting than weight loss. And losing weight doesn't mean I'm giving up cupcakes. Not happening. We'll work around it, even though my body at 35 is way different than my body at 25. At 25, I could go to the gym and work out for an hour and eat whatever I wanted. Now I have to work out for an hour and eat lettuce to lose weight.

I'm trying to get back on track with a lot of things, and, of course, I'll keep you posted. I'm just hoping this won't be a complete and total waste of $100. It could happen.

1 comment(s):

YOU CAN DO IT LAURA!!!! I will make you oatmeal cupcakes with caramel icing. If a slice is 230 calories then I bet a cupcake is even less!

By Blogger Little Black Dress Club, at 9/28/2011 10:22 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home