Does anybody read these?

Friday, August 12, 2011

Sad eyes

So, today I got the "sad eyes" again, and I must report that emailed sad eyes are almost as painful as real life sad eyes.

What are the "sad eyes," you ask?

The sad eyes are something that you get when dating (or, at least, I get when dating). They are when you are talking to someone and it's going swimmingly and then you meet them, and they look at you like their puppy just got hit by a car.

Yes, they are so depressed that they have to be seen in public with you that their eyes become filled with malaise and discontent. Not going to lie, it stings a little.

You know, I might be fat, but I'm not Quasimoto. And it's taken me a long time to realize that the only body I have is the one that I'm in right now. And, yes, I need to lose weight. Because my doctor says so, not because you don't think I'm attractive enough.

I have a friend who's lost almost 100 pounds. I'm pretty sure she just did it to attract potential mates. And, guess what? She's still not attracting potential mates. It could be because she didn't do anything to fix her attitude. There are lots of unhappy thin people out there.

And really I'm not unhappy. Unless I try to date and get the sad eyes. The sad eyes suck. It's OK if you're not attracted to me. After all, you could have back hair and you probably can't spell. But I'd never ever give anyone the sad eyes. But that's mostly because I can't imagine being so mortified by someone that I couldn't have a meal with them, even if I never intended to contact them ever again.

But, then again, I'm not a shallow asshole (except about back hair and poor spelling).

Really, wouldn't the world be a better place if we could learn how to treat people with kindness?

1 comment(s):

This is most definitely one of my top 3 most favorite blog posts that you have ever written.

By Blogger Little Black Dress Club, at 8/19/2011 8:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home