Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The computer says I need a title, SOOOO...

Song of the Day: "As Good As I Once Was" by Toby Keith. I don't particularly like Toby, but he is a great songwriter. His videos are always funny. And this song is no exception. It makes me laugh, and today that's a very good thing. So, TK gets a song of the day.

It's evaluation time at work. So I had to do a self-eval before my real one. I am dreading it. I have just been coasting by trying to decide if I even wanted to be there. Well, with the changes in the structure and finally feeling like I have some guidance, I do feel like I should be there. At least for now. Who knows what life holds for us? It's exciting there and there's plenty of work to be done. So, I'm working on doing it now. But on my evaluation I came out and said that I got off to a rocky start but I had all kinds of great ideas and was working my butt off now. Let's face it, my boss isn't an idiot. She knows I haven't given 100%. I might as well admit it and move on. I'm just concentrating on having a successful event in a couple of months and then we'll see what's next. I love the people there and I don't dislike my job; I just have felt like I'm all over the chart, both personally and professionally. Now I have focus and I'm working a lot harder and am spending less time wandering like a lost soul. Surely that counts for something.

See, sometimes I can admit I screwed up and do what it takes to make it right. Ha ha.

I get more excited about Houston each day. I also decided against the t-shirt I was going to wear. Not because the boy with the yellow hair wouldn't appreciate it, but because I'm worried someone else would think I'm making a move. God help us all! I pretty much told the girls I'm going with that regardless of what happens, I'm pretty sure I'll be unbearable. Either I'll be that annoying happy girl no one can stand or I'll be sobbing uncontrollably in my Crown and diet. I'm really hoping for the former. Actually, I'll be there with some really cool girls. We're going to see some really cool performers and have a freaking blast. (The jello shots will help.) Anything else would be icing on the cake, right?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home