Does anybody read these?

Saturday, September 17, 2005

A walk in the woods and other things...

Song of the Day: "I would've loved you anyway" by Trisha Yearwood. I heard this song today for the first time in a while. It was funny because I'd been talking to a friend about it the other day. I think when things get tough in a relationship, we might start to question if it's worth it. I think no matter how a relationship ends, there are things that made it worth it. Every relationship helps to shape who we are in the end. Even completely, totally shitty relationships are a learning experience. And I definitely wouldn't not start a relationship because it might end up being shitty in the end. How do you know if you don't try? We can't let fear hold us back.

Houston, we have lift-off! Thanks to loads of frequent-flier miles, my trip to the One Country Concert in Houston is a go. I am starting to get very excited about it. It's going to be a lot of fun for a good cause, and I'm very excited to go visit my friend Jenn and meet some of her friends. I can't wait. I think the only act that I've seen who's on the ticket is Kenny. It's going to be great to see all the other country stars who will be there. I was supposed to see Willie Nelson once, but ironically he cancelled because a hurricane was headed toward his home. Oh, and speaking of Kenny and Willie and charity concerts, Farm Aid is tomorrow in Chicago. I wish I would've thought to tell someone to buy me a t-shirt. Oh well.

Working on Saturdays is not bad if it's a really cool assignment. Today we had our donor recognition breakfast at our Research & Education Center, which is a 68-acre farm and woods out in the middle of nowhere. The bagels were great. But the best part was the tour of the farm. We went down in the woods and saw all kinds of herbs and nature. It was great. I never knew there could be so much beauty in one place. What a gem. Right under my nose. I was going to post a link to the web site, but there's been lots of transition over there and it's hopelessly outdated. I know most folks don't know that, but it'll still bother me.

Well I'm off to watch my Vols beat the Gators. It's tied at half-time, but I have faith.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home