Does anybody read these?

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Farm Aid Rocks!

I just finally shut off Farm Aid because it's almost sleepy time here. Haven't found the memory stick, so I'll be recreating work tomorrow morning because it has to get done, probably before I can find where it already is. Have to remember to pray to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost things. I've found so many things by using the little prayer we learned in grade school, "Dear St. Tony, please come around. Something's been lost and can't be found."

Anyhow, this is a special all-Farm Aid edition of my blog (after my missing jump drive tangent). I thought it was SOOOOO cool that the Farm Aid web site had a live webcast of the show. I guess CMT will be playing parts of it later, but this was very cool. Right after I turned it on, I heard Kenny's sound check. That was a special treat for me. I've been saying for days I just needed to hear someone's voice and that was the first thing I heard when the screen popped up. Kenny and the guys looked like they were in great spirits. And they all looked great too. The sound was a bit off, but it's different when you don't use your own equipment. I can't wait to see the boys in Houston!

It was nifty hearing the stories of the different farmers receiving Farm Aid grants. Because I'm learning more about sustainable agriculture everyday, I really enjoyed the sidebar commentary to the concert.

After Kenny was all the Farm Aid board members. Dave Matthews was great, although it was odd to see him without a band. Then Mellencamp. I always love Mellencamp. And I shut the broadcast off half-way through Neil Young. Not because I don't love Neil. I'm just ready for bed. I'll see Willie in 12 days at the One Country concert.

The Farm Aid web site is really cool. You can stop by to look at pictures. They have been updating them every few hours.

Lastly, the song of the day is The Authority Song by John Mellencamp. It's a classic and one I hadn't heard for a while. Perfect choice for the all-Farm Aid blog.

Join me tomorrow for more ramblings about absolutely nothing!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home