Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ooops, I missed Monday!

This is actually Monday's blog, but I had to work late and came home utterly exhausted. I checked my email, had dinner, forced Jackie to play a game of "Are you SURE he likes me?" and then went to bed very early. I woke up at 5:20 today and I went back to sleep, although it probably made sense to wake up at 5:20. Now I'm not getting much of a headstart anyhow...

Work has been busy, and I'm sure it will get busier. That's OK though. It's nice to be productive when I'm there.

I'm starting to get excited about Houston. It's going to be a lot of fun. I've been talking to the other girls who are going with us besides Jenn and they seem great too. This could be a very interesting weekend, and I am sure I'll be unbearable whichever way it turns out, so they are very brave ladies.

I keep resisting the urge to write about things I like and don't like because I don't want anyone to compare this to the mindless drivel that Holly comes up with, and somedays that's how I feel. Except with shorter sentences and more punctuation. But I feel the urge to tell you about one thing that I'm liking today and one thing I didn't like yesterday.

What I'm liking right now: Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry and Vanilla shower cream (or do they call it creamy body wash now?). I always like Bath & Body Works. I'm addicted and my bathroom looks like their store exploded in it, but I am really digging this stuff. It smells like dessert. I am impressed. I might have to bop over and get more stuff in this scent.

What I didn't like yesterday (surprisingly): I got a small (but expensive) bag of salt & malt (vinegar) chips from The Chippery, which is a new place here in town that makes fresh potato chips. Now to be fair, I bought this bag at Kroger and not at the actual Chippery. But for $1.99 for a small bag, I guess I expected pure magic in a paper bag, and these were just OK. They were better than Lay's (duh) but not as good as some brands that are available here without digging too much. I guess before I completely write them off I should go taste them at the store. Or I should avoid them altogether, since I'm not supposed to be eating chips anymore!

Since I'm being silly, here are a few things I ALWAYS like: sapphires, daisies and chocolate.

Oh, and of course I like the song of the day. This one is not a recent song, but it's absolutely one of my all-time favorites. I got to thinking about this song last night, and I thought it'd be a good one to share my thoughts on. The song is "Cold and Empty" off Kid Rock's Kid Rock CD. When I heard this song for the first time, I rushed out to buy the CD. I think I listened to this CD for hours on end without taking it out of my CD player. I think that Kid Rock is extremely talented, as are the other men who wrote this song with him. Haven't heard a bad thing that any of them have written. Anyhow, knowing a little background on this song makes it more interesting. And, of course, I have probably been thinking about it lately because it's probably important for me to "get it." I always have and I always will. It's important to know exactly what you're signing up for before you dive in...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home