Does anybody read these?

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Three things that make me cheerful

Stand By Me is on cable. And even though I've literally seen it hundreds of times (I loved River Phoenix and when it came out on video I actually watched it everyday all summer long.), I decided to tune in. And while I was watching, it reminded me to visit one of my favorite blogs, www.wilwheaton.net. I have always thought Wil was really cool but going and visiting his blog when I get a chance and having talked to him via e-mail, I can tell you he is a class act and a you can't find a nicer guy. I just wish he did more movies and TV so I could see him more often.

Anyhow, Wil had a post this week on his blog. Basically he posted three things that make him cheerful in response to the bad feelings he'd had from watching all the hurricane coverage. It's been really hard to be cheerful lately, and I kind of feel guilty about it anyhow. But I think we all need to do what we can to help but put our own lives into perspective. Most of us have a lot to be thankful for.

Wil encouraged everyone to post three things that make them cheerful. A lot of folks did that on his blog in the comments. I've got mine straightened out so people can post now. If someone happens to read this (hee hee), go ahead and post yours. Oh, and when you get a sec go check out Wil's site. I need to buy his books, too, while I'm thinking about it.

Three things that make me cheerful:
1. I have a loving family and a nice place to live. Most of my family lives nearby and it's nice to be home.

2. My friends are absolutely awesome and they manage to find ways to keep me smiling.

3. My new, crazy little dog. He drives me nuts, but he's so adorable he makes me smile.

I could've listed many more things, and I guess I've been trying to do that everyday anyhow. I just wanted to show it's not hard to think of 3 things. We're all pretty blessed.

I know a few folks who have lost everything (except their lives) in this Hurricane. My prayers continue to be with them and everyone else who's been devastated by Katrina. And now my friend in Georgia tells me Ophelia is headed that way. We'll save the discussion on global warming and devastating storms for another day. Trust me, living in Southern Ohio I have some thoughts on it.

1 comment(s):

Ok I had to leave a comment for this one.

My Three Things That Make Me Cheerful:
1. First and formost my children. They can drive me a little crazy sometimes as most kids do but at the end of the day I still love them unconditionally and they are my life.

2. My wonderful friends. I pretty much keep my amount of friends to a small number, choosing only to keep the ones that are dear to me and are supportive no matter what. Laura would be one of those friends.

3. Pretty basic and simple that I get to have atleast one more day with my kids and my friends.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2005 1:51 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home