Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Why do I even make plans?!?!

My life has been like a huge giant roller coaster for months. Should anything even shock me anymore? My friend Kay says that "fate hates us." Today I started to feel like she was right. But then I think of all the good things fate has brought into my life this year. Kay and a few other friends, the boy with yellow hair, my cute little puppy dog, and tons of other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. Can't write fate off too quickly. Are surely I don't want to piss her off.

Mother nature on the other hand sucks. And she's brought her daughter crazy-ass Hurricane Rita with her. And they heard I'd planned a vacay. Ironically to go see a concert to raise money for another Hurricane, Katrina. So, as of today, the concert is postponed until God-knows-when. I haven't even ventured toward the hell that is Northwest awards travel reservation center to see if I can still make it (whenever it may be) without losing my ass on a new plane ticket. On first guess, my answer is no. We'll pray to the ticket gods. Hopefully they are not Mother Nature's cousins.

It also means that I don't get to see my friends, including my favorite boy, in 9 days. That makes me very sad. I must admit that when all this went down, I thought fate was cruel and the deck was stacked against the possibility of anything happening with this guy. Maybe I listened to "Kerosene" by Miranda Lambert way too much. I was totally ready to throw in the towel. I've decided it's not quite time yet, but the warning has been issued that someone is only going to be able to get by on his amazing smile and utter cuteness for so long...I talked to one of my friend's friends (hee hee) to get a guy's perspective on this and he says his best guess is A) guys are weird and B) that he just wants to be sure before he makes the next move. I have never been good at being patient, but I'm going to try. It's that damn smile again...

Okey dokey, can't have too much thinking about boys before bedtime. I might accidentally dream about my third-favorite fiddle player. (After Charlie Daniels and Dan from GW's band.) We can't have that, now can we?

Now on to the song of the day: "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. One of my all-time favorites. It's awesome when you feel that way about someone. I think my toes would curl half-way up my legs if someone ever sang that to me...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home