Does anybody read these?

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Highlights from the Hoosier State Road Trip...

First of all, I am in mourning. I thought it might be the Vols' year, but it's looking like I was wrong. I am just very glad I didn't have a TV at my disposal this weekend, because I didn't have to watch this one as it was happening. Not that it's less painful to read about it.

The party was great. Cassie and Cammeron had a great time, and I got to meet all of their aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. I couldn't believe how many people showed up for party and how many presents they got. And as far as I know, only one gift got broken before the party was over! It was hard to leave everyone today, but I had to come home. Busy day again at work tomorrow. Basically, I will be in freak-out mode until Thanksgiving.

The ride home wasn't bad, although I am really hating switching back to Standard Time. First of all, I didn't actually get that extra hour of sleep because parts of Indiana don't use daylight savings time, including the Indianapolis area. So, no need to fall back. I actually got a headstart on Friday when I hit the Indiana state line. I just don't know if I can handle it getting dark at 5 p.m. every night until April. I've been ready to go to bed for about 2 hours now.

I got gas for $2.22 a gallon. It took just over $25 to fill my tank, and I felt like I won the lottery. If it stays here, I promise I'll never bitch about gas prices again. Of course, driving home from Indiana reminded me exactly how much I hate Ohio drivers. I will never for the life of me understand how three lanes of traffic can all go under the speed limit so that those of who would like to go to the speed limit just have to ride it out at 50 mph until one of them decides to exit from the highway. I know I shouldn't be in a rush, but I was more worried about the Winnebago that really wanted to be in my trunk while I was behind Mr. Slowpoke.

Last note on the drive home. I am loving the new 33 bypass around Lancaster. It shaves about 20 minutes off my trip. I made it from Columbus home in 1 1/2 hours. On Friday afternoon I had about a 15-minute headstart to go to Indiana and it took me 1 hour, 15 minutes to make it to Downtown Columbus. Once the Nelsonville bypass comes in, we'll just zip to Columbus.

I am still digging all the new CDs I've bought lately, but I popped in an old favorite today while I was driving home. So, today's song of the day is an oldie but goodie. "You Had Me From Hello" by Kenny Chesney is such an awesome song. Kenny's always said the song wasn't really about "Jerry Maguire," which is one of my favorite movies. Regardless of whether it is or not, it's a good song. If you think about it, we all do this. We fall in love, and it ends badly. And we say we're never going to do it again. And we do. We meet that person that the minute they smile, it breaks down that big, giant wall we've built up. And we start all over again. Sometimes it's the last time, but more often than not it's just one more cycle in our relationships. Maybe I've just been thinking of this song because of something that happened this weekend. Regardless, it's a great song. Probably one of the defining moments of Kenny's career.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home