Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mid-week musings...

This was a long day. Work was exhausting and there was so much to do. I kind of like busy days because they fly by, but I also sometimes wish there were time to breathe.

After work I went into town and I decided to check out the new store one of my coworkers just opened. It is really neat. It is a gift shop with all of the items coming from Indonesia and Bali. The profits help the workers there. Businesses with a conscience are so refreshing. I have the cutest ring on hold there, and I think I am going to buy it as long as they don't mind if I pick it up next week.

I also went to the store and bought all kinds of stuff for the Halloween party at work tomorrow. I am making chili and caramel apples. I also bought all kinds of candy for the trick-or-treaters in town. I am very excited. I love Halloween. It's funny because I never dress up, but I love it. I think it's because it's during fall and I love fall.

So, I guess my plans to go to Detroit Veterans Day weekend have changed. I am heading West, and I am very excited. I get to see one of my very best friends and have some Ethel M chocolates. It's going to be a great time. I also get to see an ocean I've never seen before. I can't wait. I'll have to say that a sunny paradise is much better than Detroit in November.

Today I didn't see one of the steps as I was going downstairs and I fell. I don't hurt too bad now, but I get the feeling tomorrow may be a different story. Somedays I really worry about my vision. Especially when I see how my dad is. It breaks my heart to watch him struggle to be able to see the things. It scares me that not only will he not be able to see to walk me down the aisle someday (a far ways off...) or see his grandchildren, but that it will be the same way for me. So, I guess I just go along seeing as much as I can everyday that I can. And lucky for me, I've gotten to see 29 years so far. And I really hope that one day when I can't, I will close my eyes and still be able to see that road I took today with brightly colored fall foliage hanging from the trees over my path. I hope I can close my eyes and see the view from the second deck of the Eiffel Tower on a spring day.

Song of the Day: Ever since Chris Cagle's new CD Anywhere but Here arrived in my mailbox, I can't stop listening. I love every song on the CD but there is one that I really love, and after talking to a lot of folks, it is their favorite too. It's "I'd Find You." What a great song. I think I could listen to it all day long. Maybe one day I will try, just for fun...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home