Does anybody read these?

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Is it Friday yet?!?!

We had a Halloween party at our staff meeting at work today. I had planned to go as Harriet Miers by wearing a black gown, too much eyeliner, helmet hair and carrying a "Constitutional Law for Dummies" book. For some reason I changed my mind at the last minute. I am kind of glad, because Harriet called it quits, totally making my costume obsolete. I'm not sure how to feel about Harriet's withdrawal. She definitely wasn't qualified, but I shudder to think of what Bush will come up with next.

Tonight we had trick-or-treaters at work. That was fun. I loved seeing all the cute little kids in costumes. We could've been less stingy with the candy. We thought it was two hours long, but it was only one and we still had lots of candy. Hard to believe Halloween is almost over, but the stores were filled with Christmas decorations yesterday.

So, back to this long week. Work has been exhausting. Luckily this time tomorrow I will be off on an adventure sitting with a cold drink in my hand with a good friend. I am really excited. I'm also excited that I get to go to Church in Spanish on Sunday. That's exciting. I haven't done that in a dozen years, probably.

An update on my brother in Miami for those who asked. He is doing fine. His cable is still out but he has power and phone. They have a curfew at 8 p.m. because I guess not everyone has power yet. They are OK, just a little inconvenienced. Not that bad if you think about it.

I am feeling OK today, but my back is sore and my elbow cannot be touched without massive amounts of pain. My lower back's been a mess for a while, so I'm sure hitting it on several wooden steps won't help it. And one of my toes is completely purple and my knee's a little stiff. But all things considered, I am fortunate I didn't really hurt myself. I will have to take lots of Aleve for a long car ride.

One of my friends recommended today's song of the day. "She Let Herself Go" by George Strait. I generally like anything Dean Dillon writes and this song is not an exception. It's a good song about how someone can take life's lemons and make lemonade. It's all about empowering yourself.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home