Does anybody read these?

Thursday, November 17, 2005

A couple more things...

I am bored trying to kill time before I have to be at a meeting at Church. (It didn't make sense to drive home and then come back 30 minutes later...) So, I thought I'd see what I can find to talk about.

First of all, this pisses me off. Why won't George Bush meet with Cindy Sheehan? He is the commander in chief, and if he's going to send our military folks into battle, he should be prepared to explain his actions when there are consequences.

Next, the song of the day. I am not 100 percent sure how I feel about this song, but it reminded me of someone and I thought I'd use it for the song of the day. "Skin" by Rascal Flatts was never supposed to be a single. It was a hidden track on their CD. But everyone loved it so much they begged them to release it and they did. It reminds me of a girl from church who's been sick for a while. Probably most of her high school career she's battled ailments and endured treatments. Yesterday I was getting an update on her condition and this song came in my head. It's been a while since I even did the song of the day, so I'm going to try to get back into it. Honestly I've been so busy with work I haven't kept up here like I should.

Today was the second day we've had snow. It's kind of exciting but makes me a little sad all the same. So many more changes come with winter.

Keep praying for the Radosevich family. The track cancelled all the races again today in Josh's memory. This has to be so difficult for them...I'm kind of surprised that it's gotten national media attention, but I guess if you think about how many horses are in each race and how many races run each day at tracks all over the U.S. it's not often that a jockey is killed. The statistics are pretty good but that makes it very big news when it happens.