Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A little "spring cleaning"

Well, it's 29 degrees out and practically December. Strange time for Spring cleaning. Of course, the cleaning is being done on my computer. I've installed and removed some software today, scanned for spyware, all the fun stuff.

My mind keeps drifting to one of my favorite Eminem songs (I say that like I have LOTS of favorite Eminem songs, lol) "Cleaning Out My Closet." It just seems appropriate for the task at hand. Or at least as appropriate as any Eminem song could be.

One of the issues with my computer is that my email keeps saying I have new messages, but they aren't apparent when I look in my inbox. I have poked around and my guess is that they are spam somehow getting past my junk mail filter, because those messages never have a correct date on them. But I figured this was a good time for Little Miss Electronic Packrat to delete some old e-mails. Of course, there were some that obviously needed to go. There were some that if I had never read, they most likely weren't ever going to be read. There was some stuff that just wasn't necessary or relevant anymore. And then there were a whole bunch of emails that I probably shouldn't keep but they are absolutely hilarious. I'm saving them for right now. I never know when I'll need a good laugh or a stroll down memory lane. I'm sure at some point the delete button will get the best of me, but for today they got a death-row reprieve.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home