Does anybody read these?

Sunday, November 20, 2005

What a lazy day!

You'd think after all the time I spent sleeping this weekend that I wouldn't be tired and lazy today. I think I am just catching up on many weeks (if not months) without sufficient sleep. It's probably not a bad thing, because I am going to have a busy week getting ready for the company we'll have for both Thanksgiving and the wedding on Saturday. I think the wedding is going to be very nice. The music is coming along nicely. I think we might sound half-decent and not ruin the happy day. We have our last choir practice after the rehearsal Friday afternoon. I am so excited to see all of my cousin's family and a lot of folks I know from Michigan will be there, for better or for worse. I think it'll be just fine.

We had a great day at Sunday School today. I had a small class which was good because the one little boy is a handful. He helped me set up for class today, so he caught me off-guard when he acted up. He tries the best he can to be good, but I think it's very hard for him to go back and forth between mom and dad. We did the coolest craft today. We made a Thanksgiving tree. The folks at Kroger gave me a few paper grocery bags that I taped together and cut into the shape of a tree trunk with branches. Then I gave each kid a piece of construction paper (red, yellow, orange, green or brown) and they traced their hands and cut them out for leaves. In the middle of each leaf they wrote one thing they were thankful for. It was interesting to see their answers. Then they helped me glue all the leaves on. We were pretty happy with our work. I'm going to take a picture of it and I'll post it. Next week is toilet paper roll advent wreaths. We're also going to have everyone in the whole church make a green hand that we will use to make the leaves on a big advent wreath on the wall as part of our whole parish catechesis. I think we do a great job with our religious ed program.

I did very well with watching what I ate today and I even saved some dinner for tomorrow's lunch. I am trying to do a better job, which is going to be hard for the holidays. I think I'll just squeeze in more time at the gym to help counteract the effects of the overeating we're all bound to do this year. I need to be training anyhow or I'll never make it in April. I've still got five months to train, so I'll be fine but there is NO time to slack off.

Not much else to talk about. Just watching the Colts and Cincinnati, feeling very sad that I'm not actually at the game. Luke had planned on giving me his season tickets but the Colts are so awesome that he didn't want to give them up. I am a little worried that someone will remember that I said if the Colts are in the Super Bowl in Detroit I'd sell a kidney to go see them. Well, I don't live in Detroit anymore so it'd be a lot more difficult than when I said that... Of course, I'd love to go but it's not going to happen. I'm sure the Colts will be there, I just won't be. But if Peyton wants to know the best place to get flaming cheese, he can call me!!!

I heard from a couple of friends this week. One I just hadn't talked to for a while and it was nice to catch up. The other I figured I probably wouldn't ever talk to again, so I was very surprised to hear from her. The funny thing is that I was going to call her too and check in. Just one of those "Wonder how she's doing" thoughts running through my head. So it was good timing. I'm just trying to figure out what inspired her to check in with me. I can't help but wonder if she wants something and that motivated her. I guess we'll see...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home