Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

National My Give a Damn Is Busted Day

OK, NMGADIBD is not really a holiday. Or if it is, it's not today. But I say we make it a holiday today!!! Most of us (not me, unfortunately) are working shortened days today. The schools are out. The in-laws are coming in the morning. Whose give a damn really isn't busted today? Seriously. You know yours is.

How to celebrate? Screw off at work a little. Put a video in and let the kids watch themselves for an hour. Use Stove Top instead of slaving in the kitchen to make your great-grandma's homemade stuffing recipe. Slack a little. No one will notice. And if they do, tell them that your give a damn is busted.

I will culminate my celebration at 8 p.m. tonight when I grab a fruity rum drink and sit my ass on the couch for an hour with Mr. Chesney. And much like many of the times I saw him this summer, my time with him will be care-free and fun. And who knows maybe I'll even see the yellow-haired boy. That would just make my day.

I double-dog dare anyone to change the channel.

For those who are wondering what "real" holidays are celebrated today, Nov. 23, it is What Do You Love About America? Day. (I'm feeling another blog entry later on when my give a damn's not so busted!). There are also several designated week-long observances. Did you know it's National Farm-City Week? Or National Adoption Week? You could celebrate National Family Week by picking out your favorite family game (Trivial Pursuit, anyone?) for National Game & Puzzle Week. Last, but not least, it's National Bible Week. I think I'll be reading a little bit of mine today. Definitely needing more guidance than just that Carrie Underwood song!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home