Does anybody read these?

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Rant's off!!!

So, earlier today I was a little upset that the announcer on the Macy's Parade was talking over the Marching 110's entire performance. However, their moment in the spotlight was not lost. A few minutes ago they made it to Matt Lauer and Katie Couric's viewing stand. Matt, for those who don't know, is an Ohio Bobcat himself. I think he graduated a year ahead of me. (He was one class short when he left Athens to take a reporter's job at an NBC affiliate in the early 1980s. When he worked his way up to the Today Show, they counted his "life experience" for those last 4 credits so they could count him among our esteemed alumni.)

The 110 was awesome, and they got the best response that I've heard from the crowd. They did some of their famous moves and everyone loved it. I can't believe I have to wait until next fall to see them in action again. And even if I've moved away, I'll be coming back for a few games.

I loved the OU trivia. It was great, but Matt, I want to offer you some advice for next time:

Stand Up and Cheer
Cheer loud and long for old Ohio
For today we raise, the Green and White above the rest
Our team is fighting
They're bound to win the fray
We've got the team
We've got the steam
For this is Old Ohio's day

I'm off to make my bed, take the trash out and tackle the sweet potatoes!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home