Does anybody read these?

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Update on all things Laura...

I've finally gotten a chance to sit down and write a little update on my life. I haven't really written too much lately because I've been busy. And honestly, I'm just taking a little break from getting my stuff ready for Sunday School tomorrow. We're going to make a giant tree of thanks and tape it to the wall in the parish hall and all the kids will write what they are thankful on the leaves. I think it's a nifty idea.

Yesterday was a lot of fun, although I went to bed early, relaxed but exhausted. For Jenna's last day we went to a local bed and breakfast that has a spa and just had a day of massages, relaxing in the hot tub, eating chocolates and other fun stuff and just hanging out. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't make it very long after I got home. I was beat after a long week and fell asleep on the couch. The B&B was nice and I'd like to go there and stay sometime. I really liked it and I could see it as being the site of romantic moments.

Today was a great fall day for college football, but not so great for my football teams. Michigan ended up losing with 24 seconds left, and the Vols? Well, we just won't talk about what happened to the Vols today. On Monday night the girls from work and I are going to go brave the elements to watch the OU face their big rivals Miami of Ohio. I think it's going to be fun. Wondering if I can smuggle in my thermos of hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps...

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was an excellent film. They cut huge, giant chunks out to make a 700+ page book into a 2 1/2 hour movie, but it was still great. I haven't liked any of the other Harry Potter movies (and I LOOOOVVVEEE the books) so to say that I loved this means a lot. As long as you know that it's not a comprehensive reputation of the book, you'll enjoy it.

What else did I want to talk about today? Oh, I should tell everyone about my new ring that I just love. I'm not too much of a jewelry fan. I have a few pieces I wear everyday and this ring has become one of them. It's a wide silver band with some engraving on it and an oval garnet. It's just beautiful and I didn't pay that much for it. Last week I bought some silver heart-shaped earrings for myself and got a little silver celtic cross on a chain as a gift. Who knows? Maybe at some point I will become a fan of jewelry. It's hard for me because I'm allergic to metal alloys, so I have to wear only precious metals or I have a terrible reaction. When you can't wear costume jewelry it gets expensive...

The song of the day is "I Wanna Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler from The Wedding Singer. I was thinking of this song the other day for some reason and then today while I was looking for some of the stuff for my cousin's wedding music, I found the mp3 for it. It's so fun.

Well, I'm off to find something yummy to make with sweet potatoes on Thursday. I'll be back before then.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home