Does anybody read these?

Friday, January 06, 2006

A few updates...

I got an e-mail this morning from the Computer Hospital. I am wondering if the 3/4 page letter about the problems with the laptop inspired them to send a replacement rather than a repair. Apparently the computer fixer folks got my computer yesterday morning and shipped something back to me via FedEx at 8:15 last night. Whatever it is should be here Monday. I am thinking they didn't have time to do diagnostics and repairs on old laptop in the course of a work day, but I could be wrong. Either way I will be happy. I love my laptop and it's been the absolute best purchase I've ever made, but if they have to replace it I'd be cool with that too. It doesn't say what they did on their web site. Just that a repaired or replaced unit was shipped to me. It's nice that I'll be up and running on Monday. Must clean house this weekend in anticipation. And my dad's computer HATES blogger.

Secondly, I have an update on the job hunt. I had heard through the grapevine about this, but it's starting to happen and it's very exciting. As y'all know I have automotive experience, having worked with two of the Big Three and several parts suppliers (both OEM and Aftermarket) . Anyhow, Nissan North America for some unknown reason is moving all of its North American operations to Music City USA. Lots of folks out in Los Angeles are not taking the transfers (hmmm...wonder why?) so there are TONS of jobs that are opening up. I'd LOVE to work full-time for an OEM, so I will cross my fingers. And I wonder if any of the Detroit PR firms will open satellite offices down there. Or if some of the Nashville firms will get the accounts and need folks with auto experience to staff the accounts. Anyhow, this is very exciting for me!!!!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home