Does anybody read these?

Friday, January 06, 2006

The High Road...

This post was supposed to be the tirade to end all tirades. The biggest-ass rant in the history of big-ass rants. I was going to just let it fly. Nothing was going to be sacred. I was going to exorcise the demons and hang all the dirty laundry on the line.

A few people read the rant that was supposed to be here. They encouraged me to post it. You were almost treated to the whole sordid story.

After I decided that I was just going to go off and let the chips fall where they may, I was talking to a friend today about an unrelated manner and we got into a conversation about friendship and relationships and I gave her the Clif's Notes version of some of the stuff that's happened to me as of late. And when we were all finished talking she said, "LJ, I want to commend you for taking the high road."

And with that, the rant was ended. Deleted off the computer. Why? Because going off and making other people feel like shit is not taking the high road. I had no intention of taking the high road this morning. I've been in a mood for a few days and I had fully intended to make other people feel bad because they had done it to me first. That's not the Christian thing to do, not the right thing to do. When Jesus was treated badly -- much worse than I have ever been treated, I might add -- he turned the other cheek and let them do it again. His last words as he was murdered for all of us was to beg for the forgiveness of his persecutors. Now, I'm not comparing myself to Jesus, but he has told us to follow his example. He is the shepherd, and we are his sheep. So would one of Jesus' sheep deliberately hurt people with their words? Now, some would say the truth hurts. But what's done is done and it's not going to change anything. It will not open any eyes or inspire anyone. It will just hurt.

So, this is me taking the high road. No fireworks or stinging truths. It's not going to happen, because it's wasn't going to change anything except maybe me feeling a little worse about the woman who stares back at me in the mirror.

Oh, and since I really wanted to use a quote in this post but scrapped the original concept:

I gotta go see about a (guy). -- Paraphrased from Good Will Hunting by Toma

Maybe, if you're lucky, I'll tell ya more about that.

Time for beddie-bye! It's way too late, folks.

3 comment(s):

"Sunofabitch stole my line."

Good on ya, LJ. I love ya, girl.

Set up camp, shop and reside on the high road...the weather's great up here!

xxoo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 1/06/2006 1:55 AM  

No one ever said the high road was the easy way either, but you will be a better person for choosing that road. Been there with you, and no matter how many times you flip the coin, the decision is still yours. Yes, there may be a moment of great happiness for you, but when all is said and done, the hurt of it all last longer than the happiness.

By Blogger maynard, at 1/06/2006 9:14 AM  

Maynard, have you and I had this conversation before? Yep, I think we have.

Thanks for your support. I think I am totally officially done with the whole thing. This, I think, must be what peace feels like...

By Blogger Laura, at 1/06/2006 9:27 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home