Does anybody read these?

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I think too much in the car...

Candi Farmer was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Why is that? Because there is no Candi Farmer. I am not 100% sure what David's wife's name is, but from what I've heard it's not Candi. Tim Holt's wife's name is Candy. This was something that Kenny said when he released When the Sun Goes Down, where he dedicated "The Woman With You" to Candy Holt.

"Candy Holt is hands down the smartest person I know," he says flatly. "She could've run a bank, taken on the Supreme Court… and back when we were in college, we ALL knew it. Then she met Tim, and love happened, and all that fell out the window. She never even thinks about all the stuff that could've been, because she loves her life. When I heard this song, I thought of her - and all the girls out therewith big dreams and more talent -- who found something that completed them that wasn't all that, but so much more."

Maybe David and Tim are both married to women named Candi, but I doubt it. That's not a very popular name, even in East Tennessee, and besides enough people who would know have told me that David's wife is not Candi.

I just think it's funny that someone would have so much of their story straight and miss something like this. Of course, I probably never would've thought twice of it if I hadn't met someone who I knew -- without a doubt -- knew Tim and Candi Holt and mentioned something about them once. A little light clicked on inside my head and a little bit of the net started to unravel... When you already have suspicions about something, you notice the little things. But once you realized something as elementary as Candi Holt was missing from the story, you start to notice all kinds of little things. And even some big things, like photographs on every web site and in every magazine in America that refute the tale that's being peddled.

I still don't know 100% of the truth, and I suspect I never will. And I'm OK with that. I guess I just will always wonder for the rest of my life how someone can lie like that. How someone can create a whole life for themselves from scratch. Maybe it's not their whole lives, but it's significant bits and pieces. I just can't imagine. I barely have time to live my real life, let alone create a whole new one for myself. Not to mention that I wouldn't even know where to start.

I guess I will always wonder if there was something I did to make someone think they had to lie like that for me to be their friend. It didn't really matter. If you're a cool person, you're cool regardless of whom you know. But no one gave me that chance. And it got to the point where I didn't have the energy to try to dissect every conversation to find truth, nor did I see the point in confronting anyone. But even a few weeks ago, I tried to extend the olive branch. My move to Nashville is all about fresh starts, and I thought I'd give someone else that opportunity too.

But mostly, I just miss the girls. I was explaining to someone how I ended up with the nickname "Algae" yesterday, and I got a little sad. Even though things were crazy, and I'm not sure what was real or not about that whole surreal experience, but there were a lot of good things that happened too. Everything happens for a reason and about 85% I wouldn't change for anything, I don't think. I know I'm a stronger person and I've changed my outlook in life because of everything that happened. I guess that I should just chalk it all up to that and officially close that chapter of the book of my life. Yeah, I'll get a little bummed out remembering when we all went to Kentucky Kingdom and going to get China food and how much fun we had those days.

My olive branch wasn't taken, so I guess there's nothing else I can do... I keep hoping someone will prove me wrong, but the more I learn, the more I realize the chances of that happening are not very good.

1 comment(s):

Sooner or later the entire web will begin to unravel.

By Blogger rosalie, at 1/30/2006 5:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home