Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Does anyone know anything about dreams?

I had the weirdest dream last night, so I figured I'd blog about it because I have nothing else exciting going on.

One thing that I'd like to do at some point in my life is visit New York City at Christmastime. I'd like to see the skaters at Rockefeller Center, all the shops lit up and decorated, the snow...I think that'd be a lot of fun. Perhaps thinking about that movie Serendipity, which is set in NYC had something to do with this dream?

I've been invited to check out New York during the holidays, but I've yet to make my schedule and cash-flow mesh to make it happen. I keep thinking every year that next year will be the year.

Last night, I had this dream. In the dream I was in NYC on business. I was talking to one of my professional colleagues about the meeting we were leaving, how he liked the city (he had moved there in my dream), etc. He is giving me directions on how to get out of the office building where he worked to go to a restaurant where a few of us were meeting for dinner afterward. I remember the building was exciting and confusing, with a subway station right inside! Anyhow, he gives me the directions and hops on the elevator saying he will see me there, but he has to run a few errands first, leaving me to find it on my own.

Well, next thing I know this elevator operator tells me to get on her elevator. And I get to the bottom and I can't find the street I'm supposed to take. She tells me that she thought I wanted a different street instead and I took the wrong elevator. She tells me to go back where I was and to start over, getting on the opposite elevator (the one my colleague had told me about) instead.

So, I know how to get to the restaurant and I try again. When I get back upstairs, it is all decorated for Christmas. And there is this observation deck, where you can look over and see a skating rink. There are lights and decorations and all kinds of shops. I realize that I don't have a camera with me! And then I realize that someone I really wanted to meet up with was meeting me at the restaurant, and I am going to be late. So, I try to get toward the elevator to get there before I miss my dinner date by being seriously late. As I am headed toward the original elevator, a girl stops me whom I didn't recognize, but was obviously a friend and she wants to take pictures for me since I forgot my camera. Right before I woke up I remembered posing by Christmas trees and outside shops being really cordial, but irritated and worried that I was going to miss this important dinner and trying to figure a way to get away from her.

I really wish I knew that that meant. All I could find was what elevators in your dreams mean:

An elevator dream is a rather complex dream and you should interpret it in light of all the other symbols in your dream, for one thing, if the elevator is going up your fortunes will increase, down is the opposite. If the elevator continues to go up and down with out letting you off means you have let your emotions, or your situation, get out of control and must do something to stop it.

2 comment(s):

I don't think the dream is about NYC at all... it seems to be about your upcoming travelling plans... you know, forgetting cameras, getting lost, etc.

By Blogger Peteykins, at 2/15/2006 4:14 PM  

That's what I wondered too, Sparkle Pony. I thought it might be about my trip coming up next month. I'm a little nervous, and like I need one more thing to go wrong!

I'm sure you've been writing about Cheney shooting the old guy, so I need to catch up with your blog!

By Blogger Laura, at 2/15/2006 4:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home