Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What a day!

I got up very early to get to the flower shop very early. The phone rang off the hook with orders. We ran out of flowers and had to send someone to the wholesaler to get more. I guess we were the only flower shop around who was still taking Valentine's orders today. We finally got done about 9 p.m. There were a few lulls in the action, but the day was packed with cleaning flowers and vases, waiting on customers, deliveries and whatever else needed to be done. I am amazed at how many people wait until the last minute. We sold everything except the silk arrangements, but I can safely say if my valentine gave me silk flowers that he wouldn't be getting laid for a while. There were lots of pretty flowers that folks got today. Even the last-minute stuff that we scrambled to create looked good.

But I am sooooo exhausted. I'm not sure when I'll recuperate. I am going to bed soon, and I might stay there for days. I am very tired and I ache all over. It was hard work today, but it was fun.

Just remember folks, order your special-occasion flowers with tons of advance notice!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home