Does anybody read these?

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Surprisingly cool day...

I didn't get much sleep last night. I am flooded out of my house and I am staying at my grandma's. She's 70-some years old and her house is easily 90 degrees. I'm seriously contemplating sleeping on the porch. Thank God I convinced her to get a wireless router a few months ago!!!

Today was great though. I only had two kids at my Sunday School class, but they did really well and we had fun.

I rushed home to grab my car so I could drive to this big, gorgeous, old Church to go to the Rite of Election with the Bishop. This is where he welcomes the folks who are getting baptized and confirmed at Easter into the church. Back in the "old days" the Bishop baptized everyone on Easter. Obviously that'd be a little hard these days, so he just has this ceremony and then people are baptized in their own church. I'd never been to it before, but it was a great ceremony.

Before I left home, my family joked about me going and breaking bread with the bishop. I think they meant it metaphorically. That's why it was hilarious when the bishop came over with his plate of food and asked if he could sit next to me. We are sitting there eating and chatting, and he says "I am getting really full, would you like to share this piece of bread with me?" So here I was, literally breaking bread with the bishop!!!

Unfortunately the ceremony was not without its glitches. In the past, Father has had "commitments" come up and has bailed on the ceremony and others had to be in charge without a clue. Well, this year Father came and he appointed ME to be in charge. Oh my goodness, I am glad we made it out alive.

The worst part? I think I am going to hell. I saw some guys who caught my eye at the ceremony. Unfortunately, the men I lusted over were named Fr. Hottie and Brother Cutie. OK, those aren't their names, but you see why that was a problem, right?

It's still raining and I might not ever get home again. I hope that I don't cook to death right here on Grandma's couch...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home