Does anybody read these?

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Two things...

So, Al Gore says he ISN'T running for president in 2008. That's a shame; he's been the best Democratic contender for president since, well, since he won in 2000.

I hope that Al reconsiders. I look at the rest of the folks who are looking into it. I don't dislike Joe Biden, but he can't win. Hillary? Well, I think the only way the world is ready for Hillary is if her Republican contender is Condi. Ted Kennedy seems to be positioning himself with some of this comments. Seriously, now. Teddy how many times have you tried? Patrick Kennedy's a bit green, but if he'd do a couple of terms in the Senate he'd be a phenomenal president. Well, that and kick that drug problem of his.

Evan Bayh has been my man all along. I would absolutely love for Bayh to run. Although I worry that he's not well-positioned enough. So therefore, I'm advocating the ticket I advocated in 2000. The ticket that would've won and really helped keep our country out of the mess that it's in right now. How about the Gore-Bayh ticket? Seriously. A Southerner and a Midwesterner is always a great combo. I'm gonna sit over here and cross my fingers. This would be my dream team.

But frankly we just need someone who can beat whatever Republican runs. We can't have eight more years of what's going on right now...

And two years is a long time away.

The second piece of news actually concerns me. I am hesitant to mention this yet, so I'll be kind of general at this point. You know how I am about jinxing things.

I am pretty sure I got a job offer of sorts today. I have a meeting on Wednesday, so I hope to know more by then, but I spent an hour on the phone today with an absolutely phenomenal woman. The gist of it is that she has started a new nonprofit to work with kids with cancer. They have a HUGE project coming up very soon. There are some pretty big names already attached to it, and frankly I think it's really a no-brainer for people to get behind this and support it.

So, why isn't a no-brainer for me to take the job? Well, right now it'd be a contract position. And not just a contract position, but a commission-based position. Basically, my job would be to find corporate sponsors and I'd get a percentage of the money we raise. At some point I could go full-time or I could keep doing contract work. Honestly, it'd be a huge stepping stone for me to get started with my own company. But a little bit of me wonders if I have what it takes. I think that I do, but it's pretty scary too. I have other part-time, freelance stuff that's in the hopper too. Frankly, I don't think it can hurt to try.

I will keep you all posted, but please keep praying. I think this just might be it, but I guess I will know for sure this week. I have both this interview and another on Wednesday.

Oh, and if it is the right job? Y'all need to get out your rolodexes and checkbooks!

6 comment(s):

Yeah we read them. Glad you like Bayh because we do too.

http://americansforbayh.blogspot.com/

Please join us.

best wishes marie

By Blogger afb, at 6/04/2006 6:27 PM  

Didn't I read somewhere that you were willing to work 2 or 3 jobs if you needed to? If they offer and it's such a great opportunity and stepping stone and you have other things to fall back on why is this a question? Wow talk about grammer mistakes....Sorry KC has me flustered right now :o)

You can do this!

By Blogger one4JC, at 6/04/2006 6:51 PM  

Glad to see you're on the Bayh Bandwagon...

Sen Bayh is as prepared as any of the prospective '08 candidates. In 2005 he accumulated more cash than any candidate aside from Hillary and had $10mil banked. He's working harder than just about anyone else travelling to Iowa and NH numerous times (4 times to Iowa already this year). He's establishing a network of loyalists through his Camp Bayh program.

Bayh's ready but he needs our help.

By Blogger Rob, at 6/05/2006 9:06 AM  

I've always been a huge fan of Bayh. As I said, he should've been the VP candidate in 2000 and we wouldn't be in the trouble we're in now. Actually the same can be said for 2004. I am all about Sen. Bayh, and I think he'd be a great President and/or Vice President. We still have plenty of time to build momentum for him, right?

By Blogger Laura, at 6/05/2006 10:17 AM  

I've always said (and other people have stolen from me, imnsho) is that we should all remember is the parable of the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race.

see what Chris Cillizza wrote in the Washington Post in the last Friday Line:

We've long maintained that Indiana Sen. Bayh will surprise some people in '08. He and his campaign team continue to make smart -- and often overlooked -- moves that should pay dividends down the line. Take Bayh's op-ed this week in the Des Moines Register: It used the Indianapolis 500 as a peg to talk about the need to further develop alternative fuels like ethanol -- a major winner in Iowa. Bayh's May visit to the Hawkeye State was his fourth in the past year; he's also made four stops in New Hampshire. Bayh still has not convinced the chattering class that he has the personal charisma to win the nomination, but his background as a senator and governor, along with the work he has done to date in early states, ensures he will at least get a hard look.

By Blogger Rob, at 6/05/2006 11:26 AM  

i'm not ready for a political war right now but you said nothing about daschle. haha. just kidding. you know i love a midwesterner and a southerner not matter what we're talking about!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/07/2006 8:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home